The work of The American Chestnut Foundation depends heavily on the contributions of sustaining donors, whose contributions of land and funding enable continuation of the Foundation’s efforts to restore the American chestnut to its native habitat.
There are several ways to contribute to the Virginia chapter’s efforts:
- Make land available for use as an American chestnut breeding orchard. An information sheet for potential landowner partners is available.
- Make a financial donation to the Virginia Chapter of The American Chestnut Foundation through the national TACF web site. To do so, (1) go to the national TACF web site, (2) scroll down to “additional state chapter donation,” (3) select “more information,” then (4) select Virginia in the drop down box on the lower right, (5) select the amount of the donation, (6) click add to cart, (7) select “checkout” on the upper right and follow the directions for checkout.
- Include The American Chestnut Foundation in your estate plans.
- Mail a contribution directly to the Virginia Chapter office in Marshall, Virginia.
- Contribute items for use in the Chapter Headquarters office, such as computers, monitors, printers, desks, office furniture, etc.
The Virginia Chapter of The American Chestnut Foundation is tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code and your contributions may be tax deductible.