GA-TACF depends primarily upon its members to support efforts to restore blight-resistant American chestnut trees to our forests. Your annual membership fee supports breeding and education efforts at both the local and national levels. When you join The American Chestnut Foundation, you have joint membership in both the national organization and GA-TACF.
As a member of The American Chestnut Foundation, you will receive…
– The Journal of The American Chestnut Foundation, our semi-annual scientific and cultural magazine
– Access to expert advice on growing and caring for American chestnut trees
– Opportunities to receive chestnut seeds or seedlings, along with the opportunity to be among the first to receive potentially blight resistant stock.
– Invitations to attend TACF national meetings to learn about ongoing projects and meet scientists working on chestnut research
– Opportunities to visit, tour, and/or volunteer at our research farms in Meadowview, Virginia
As a GA resident you will also automatically gain membership in our state chapter, GA-TACF.
GA-TACF members receive:
– Announcements concerning local events and volunteer opportunities throughout Georgia.
– The ability to network with fellow GA-TACF members for information and support.
To become a member, join online through the TACF membership website . You may also contact the national office, 828-281-0047, to pay over the phone. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about membership.