- This event has passed.
33rd Annual Meeting in Louisville, KY
November 11, 2016
TACF is holding various sessions throughout the day for its Fall Annual Meeting in Louisville, KY.
- 8:00 – 8:45 am Dr. Todd F. Hutchinson, Research Ecologist, USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station; “Oak regeneration problems and solutions in the eastern US: Implications for restoring American chestnut to the forested landscape”
- 9:00 – 9:45 am Jeremy Schmutz, Faculty Investigator, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology; “Genomics: Advances to solve real-world problems with plants and agriculture”
- 9:45 – 10:00 am Break
- 10:00 – 10:45 am Scott Freidhof, Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources; “How to Grow Chestnuts”
- 11:00 – 11:50 am Keith Chasteen, Natural Resources Management Specialist, US Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District; “Using American Chestnut Root Collar Sprouts to Establish Germplasm Orchards”
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:15 – 6:00 pm On Your Own – Visit the Louisville Visitors & Convention Bureau (located in the lobby of the Embassy Suites Downtown Louisville). Use this free service to take advantage of all Louisville has to offer!
- 6:00 – 9:00 pm Awards Dinner featuring welcoming remarks by Campbell Brown and Rob Frederick of the Brown-Forman Corporation in Louisville.
Our evening event features leaders at the Brown-Forman Corporation. Campbell Brown, President and Managing Director of Old Forester and a member of the Board of Directors, along with Rob Frederick, Vice President and Director of Corporate Responsibility, will outline their company’s commitment to sustainability and the environment since its founding in 1870. Don’t miss this wonderful event!