The American Chestnut Foundation depends primarily upon its members to support research to develop a blight-resistant American chestnut tree. Your annual membership fee supports breeding and education efforts on the local and national level. When you join The American Chestnut Foundation, you have joint membership in both the national organization and your local chapter.
Benefits of Membership:
As a member of The American Chestnut Foundation, you will receive…
- The Journal of The American Chestnut Foundation, our semi-annual scientific and cultural magazine
- Access to expert advice on growing and caring for American chestnut trees
- Pure American chestnut seed on an annual basis, along with the opportunity to be among the first to receive potentially blight resistant stock
- Invitation to attend TACF national and chapter meetings to learn about local projects and meet scientists working on chestnut research
- Opportunities to visit, tour, and/or volunteer at our research farms in Meadowview, Virginia
As a Connecticut resident you will also automatically gain membership in our state chapter, CT-TACF.
Our members receive:
- The New Leaf, our occasional newsletter
- Invitations to our annual spring member meeting, held at various locations throughout Connecticut
- Opportunities to participate in local breeding and research activities, festivals and speaking engagements on behalf of the chapter
- Access to over 250 members in Connecticut for information and support
To become a member, download the TACF membership application form, or join online through the TACF membership website. You may also contact the national office, 828-281-0047 to pay over the phone. Contact us (link here) if you have questions about membership in the CT Chapter.
The American Chestnut Foundation (TACF) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization funded primarily by over 7,800 American and International members. Our goal is to restore the American chestnut tree to its native forests through a scientific research and breeding program developed by TACF’s founders.